Natural Stone Fabrication & Installation
Specializing in Granite & Marble
Beautiful, Polished Granite
Granite is a natural stone defined as a crystalline, granular rock that consists of quartz, feldspar and mica. It is available in large, polished slabs that are most commonly used for kitchen countertops and bathroom countertops. Granite is available in various styles and patterns of veins, specks and swirls. Each slab of granite is unique making no two designs exactly alike. Its durability and ability to withstand high heat, scratches and stains has led to its continuous outdoor kitchen use. Granite slab viewing and selection is available at our on-site location in Picayune, Mississippi.
There are many reasons that granite countertops have become one of the hottest high-end options for both kitchen countertops and bathroom countertops. When choosing countertops there are many factors to consider. If granite is at the top of your list of options, read through the Pros of Granite and Care & Cleaning to see if granite will be the right choice for you.
- Resistant to heat. Granite countertops will not melt or blister when exposed to heat. They are one of the most heat-resistant countertops on the market.
- Resistant to scratches. You can cut on granite; however, it is NOT recommended as it can possibly leave a metal residue behind that can be difficult to remove.
- Resistant to stains and bacteria. Properly sealed granite will resist staining and bacteria.
- Never uniform in appearance. Each piece of granite is unique with varuiys styles and patterns of veins, specks and swirls. No two pieces of granite are alike.
- Residential and commercial use. Granite is perfect for both residential and commercial kitchens and bathrooms.
- Accommodates many styles of sinks. Reguardless of whether your sick is undermount or top mount, granite countertops can be easily installed to fit the sink of your choice.
- Easy to maintain. Granite countertops are considered to be low maintenance. Granite countertops can be cleaned using soap and water, or a professional granite cleaner. The likelihood of needing to be repaired or resurfaced is low.
Caring for and cleaning your granite countertops is easy after it’s installed and properly sealed. Always test new cleaning products on an inconspicuous area of the granite prior to cleaning the entire surface of your granite countertop. Allow the product to sit overnight to see whether a stain or discoloration develops.
- Use mild soap and water for daily cleaning.
- Avoid strong, abrasive cleaners which can cause stripping of sealer.
- Apply quality stone cleaner at least once a year.
- Apply sealers designed for granite use to increase stain resistance.
Elegant, Luxurious Marble
Marble is a softer natural stone composed of calcite, dolomite, or serpentine which is capable of taking a polish. Marble is less durable than granite but it is among the most elegant and luxurious of stones. Marble is more susceptible to staining which is why we do not recommend its use for kitchen countertops; however, it is versatile enough for use throughout other areas of the home including fireplace surrounds, walls, flooring, and bathrooms. Marble slab viewing and selection is available at our on-site location in Picayune, Mississippi.
Marble has become extremely popular for use in bathrooms, offices, and as fireplace surrounds and other locations in your home or office where there is not a lot of use. Although marble is elegant and beautiful, it is not recommended for kitchen countertops. If marble is at the top of your list of countertop options, read through the Pros of Marble and Care & Cleaning to see if marble will be the right choice for you.
- Resistant to heat. Marble, although not recommended for kitchen countertops, can stands up to hot pans and pots. It’s become popular for fireplace surrounds because it won’t yellow due to the heat and can withstand the occasional spark on its surface.
- Virtually maintenance free. No special cleaning is required for marble countertops.
- Available in a variety of vibrant hues. Your choice of hues includes solid white, solid black and a range of variety colors in the rose, yellow, gray, green, white and black spectrums. No two slabs are alike, so you’ll be assured of having a unique countertop for your home.
- Residential and Commercial use.
- Easy to clean.
Caring for and cleaning your newly installed marble is a simple process. Always test new cleaning products on an inconspicuous area of your marble countertop prior to applying to the entire surface. Allow the product to sit overnight to see whether a stain or discoloration develops.
- Dust weekly with soft microfiber cloth.
- Use damp cloth and a pH-neutral cleaner designed for stone.
- Avoid strong, abrasive cleaners which may cause damage and dulling of the finish.
- Use a polish specifically made for marble to shine.
Granite & Marble Restoration & Repair
Specializing in Granite & Marble Store Repair in Picayune, Mississippi
Counter Intelligence, Picayune, Mississippi provides granite, marble, quartz and natural stone repair and restoration services. With over 10 years of stone repair and restoration services, we have the tools and experience needed to make your stone look new again! Whether your granite countertops need to be repaired, your marble flooring needs to be polished or your natural stone tiles need an overhaul, Counter Intelligence will provide all of your stone repair services including removal of chips, dents and scratches from a variety of surfaces, with care and attention to detail. And if you want your countertops or flooring to shine like new, we can polish or refinish them. Schedule your granite or stone repair or restoration services today! Call Counter Intelligence today at 601-799-1110 to discuss the stone or granite repair work you need done.
Counter Intelligence provides granite, marble and natural stone repair services in Picayune, Mississippi and surrounding cities. We can repair your granite countertops and other natural stone when they become chipped, cracked, scratched, stained and dulled from everyday use. Our specialists can carefully buff out scratches and remove chipped areas of the stone. We’ll fix uneven and unsightly seams and have your countertops shiny and smooth in no time.
Countertop issues we can fix:
- Chipped, cracked or scratched countertops
- Stained countertops
- Dull countertops
- Uneven countertops
- Seam repair
Call Counter Intelligence at (601) 347-2269 today to discuss your granite, marble or natural stone repair services.
Counter Intelligence provides countertop refinishing services in Picayune, Mississippi and surrounding cities. Countertop refinishing is a low-cost solution to update your worn out, damaged countertops and make them look new again.
To remove signs of damage, we’ll fill the affected areas with an epoxy and granite mixture, then dry the surface and seal it. After that, we’ll move on to refinishing your countertops.
In the process of granite countertop refinishing, we’ll:
- Apply an acrylic coating
- Let the coating dry
- Add a second coat
- Buff the dried surface to a shine
Normal wear and tear and damaging chemicals can sometimes affect the finishes of your natural stone surfaces. Fortunately, natural stone is a durable material that can be brought back to life with professional stone restoration
Bring your natural stone back to life with professional stone restoration services from Counter Intelligence, Picayune, Mississippi. Our stone restoration services are designed to reproduce the original stone finish full of elegance and beauty.
For the best in natural stone restoration and stone polishing services call 601-799-1110.
Kitchen & Bathroom Cabinets
High Quality, Low Priced Cabinets
Counter Intelligence offers a wide variety of kitchen and bathroom cabinetry options including a wide variety door styles and finish options at affordable prices. Browse our collection of kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets. Receive the look and durability of custom cabinetry without the cost.
Call Counter Intelligence at 601-799-1110 to schedule an appointment today!